Creole Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meet the players!

+6
Zarifel
Henri
Kaja
Izabel
Rex Mercer
MagicRob
10 posters

Go down

Meet the players! Empty Meet the players!

Post by MagicRob Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:53 pm

Tell us a little about yourself! We want to know you, not just what you play. It's easier to build trust and mutual respect when we know some OOC details about folks Smile
MagicRob
MagicRob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meet the players! Empty Re: Meet the players!

Post by Rex Mercer Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:00 pm

I think this thread is a cool idea, so here's my stuff. I'll just drop a slightly edited version of my intro PM to Rob here, as I think it covers most of what people might halfway be interested to know. I want you all to know that I absolutely love this game, and I really appreciate each and every one of you whom I get to play it with. I sincerely hope you all have as much fun with it as I do.

"Hey there! My name is Cody. I'm 33 and live in Houston, TX. I've got a family and all that, but I work from home, so I'm extremely flexible with my time and such (though work does come up randomly, but I can usually be available whenever).

I grew up playing the Marvel Superheroes RPG, then I was a longtime GM for Rifts. In any case, I have a great deal of experience with the old WoD systems, as well, at least in theory. I played a little Vampire, Werewolf, and Hunter back in the late 90s/early 2000s. That said, I read practically everything about them, learned the systems inside and out, and just devoured the lore and fluff of it. In 2002 or whenever Demon came out, I was STOKED. Sadly, I never actually got to play in it, as I had gone off to college at that point and my gaming group evaporated. But I had a pdf of it (still do) and poured over the book many times over the last 15ish years.

As far as the setting goes, I'll say I'm familiar with the narrative pretty well with most, but not all, of the old WoD settings, Demon included. I have long been fascinated by angels, demons, the literal and metaphorical implications of the Christian/not Christian mythology, etc. I ESPECIALLY like a compelling villain, and I love the concept of the bad guys aren't always the bad guys. The whole concept of "what if the devil wasn't such a bad guy after all?" is just chocolate cake to me.

I have been tearing up the internet looking for a Demon or In Nomine game to play online. Needless to say, it's been tough.

So I'll slow my roll a little here. I'm a pretty serious gamer, in that I take a story very seriously and I don't care for slapstick type stuff, though I do like plenty of humor when it makes sense for a character and a story. But I tend toward the grimdark (Warhammer 40k even) and realistic, but also the heroic and "epic."

So I could more or less rattle off to you how the setting of Demon is set up, at least mostly, and I could tell you some of the houses, factions, etc. but I would miss some of the details and maybe even a few broad strokes, just because it's been awhile. That said, I'll pick it back up very quickly, and any guidance is, of course, appreciated.

Character creation is like crack to me. I LOVE creating characters. It's not unusual for my D&D characters to have 8 page backstories and whatnot, so there should be plenty to work with on my character, whoever he/she is.

I much prefer the idea of a fallen angel than a demon, if that makes sense. My characters tend to be damaged emotionally or mentally in some way (note: this isn't me getting therapy - home life and all that was cool for me. It's just what I like to play). I don't really like the mindless destruction, murder everything idea of a demon. I much prefer the proud "once I was great, now I am diminished... but I still have a fragment of the divine within me, and that makes me exceptional" type of character with this sort of setting. I'll probably have high Legacy (if I remember how it works correctly) because I'll want to know everything there is to know about the time before, the war, etc. I eat that stuff up.

Man, needless to say, I'm so excited. I uh... where to start?! "

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:39 pm

Hello! I'm an experienced role player and forum player but have never played demon. So I'm super excited to give this a try!
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:44 pm

Izabel wrote:Hello! I'm an experienced role player and forum player but have never played demon. So I'm super excited to give this a try!

*cheers and claps* wooooooo! haha

I'm probably the newest active player to this particular game at this point, but I'm waist deep in it whenever I can be lately, so while I'm in no way, shape, or form someone possessing of any sort of authority here (as in, I'm not part of the staff), I'm more than happy to help you with anything you might need as you get acclimated. Please feel free to message me (same goes for anyone else) who would like to ask any questions or get any help from another player. We're all in this mess together!

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm

I decided to play a human just to get a feel of the setting and see what happens from there. What could go wrong?
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:53 pm

Izabel wrote:I decided to play a human just to get a feel of the setting and see what happens from there. What could go wrong?

Hey, Rex has a special place in his heart for humans (see: Lisa Westwood), so you're already one up on some folks! LOL

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:37 pm

I AM FAR MORE EXCITED THEN IS HEALTHY!
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:38 pm

I know, right?!?! Lol

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaja Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:02 pm

I've totally over looked this thread. So here we go.

My name is Ash, I go by Faith since that's the alias I picked many years ago when I started rping in text based chat rooms like Beseen (I was like 12?) I mostly did Marvel comics RPs with some smatterings of WoD when I was younger.

I'm from DFW, I'm an army veteran and a cosplayer. I mostly cosplay Marvel and video game cosplays, my most notable ones include Ami Comi Robin, Spider Gwen and Hope Summers along with Arcade Riven.

I did a bunch of WoD mixed text based games in the past but found a love for Vampire and Werewolf. Demon I tried once and wasn't fond of the system, but I love taking risks and doing new things which is why I ended up here.

I also really love making characters. I used to specifically create concepts and sheets for people if they gave me a general idea. I've been rping on forums for about a year and a half.

I am also a graphic designer (I have a B.S in Digital Art and Design and an MFA in Digital Media), so depending on my mood I'll often make memes of people's characters, or gifs because I'm a nerd like that.
Kaja
Kaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:11 pm

OH GOD THE MEMES

Thrilled and glad to meet you, Faith.

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Henri Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:12 pm

I volunteer as meme tribute.
Henri
Henri

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 pm

I second or third all the things!! and as I HATE WITH AN UNHOLY PASSION character creation I will toooooootally use you if anything happens to Izabel.
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:13 pm

Then a small meme series of Rex eating a hotdog for like 45 minutes.  Because I don't know.

I love creating characters like Henri loves being creepy as FUCK

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaja Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:19 pm

Don't open this door, it will be never ending!
Kaja
Kaja

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:21 pm

Kaja wrote:Don't open this door, it will be never ending!

Doooooo eeeeettttt!
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rex Mercer Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:26 pm

I hope beyond hope that door falls off its hinges.

Rex Mercer

Back to top Go down

Post by Zarifel Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi. I'm Seth.

I'm new to the forum, and to this medium, honestly, though not new to roleplay. My forums that I usually participate are heavily free form, so having a sheet and the like is new for me. I'm pretty able to figure things out quickly, though, so I'm hopeful.

I tend toward really weird smut and really gory things and angst?

Ah, but I like Demon: the Fallen. I kinda don't like OWOD, but Demon is the exception, so I'm here.

Also 'cause Rob invited me.

I'll try not to be TOO purple when I write; I.. I really like describing things to miniscule detail and I try to calm it down for people 'cause it's not most people's things, but I mirror-write. So if you like that sort of stuff, just write me big posts and I will happily reply with huge ones?

So.. yeah.

Also I draw a lot. I do a webcomic for my job, and I take commissions, so. That's a thing.
Zarifel
Zarifel

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:43 pm

ALL THE PURPLE! LET THE PURPLE FLOW.
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Bower Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi all, my name is Justin. I am a long time role-player and have a lot of forum characters under my belt, but have far more experience in improvisational LARP environments (no boffers, limited props). Over the years I have been in pretty much every seat of the gaming table, but have the most fun playing characters.

My schedule is fairly open, but I have a lot of social engagements. This means that I will often be around to answer posts, but I will have long stretches of posting really slowly.

The writing style I choose is rather closed. I don't like giving away too much with exposition, preferring things that could be interpreted by an individual witness to be interpreted by the imagination of the reader. However when extreme detail is needed to express the importance of what is being described, I'll do my best to make you feel like you're in the middle of it.

To close, I am a sucker for criticism (good or bad), and will often follow a scene by asking my fellow posters if they have any contextual questions.

Thank you. I can't wait to meet you all in-character.
Elijah Bower
Elijah Bower

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily Cooper Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:24 pm

Hey y'all! Just realized I should probably be social and introduce myself. Smile

My name is Kris. I've been playing White Wolf games (mostly Vampire) for many years. This is my first foray into Demon. I've always been interested in it, but never had the chance to actually play. It was definitely an overlooked game in my social circles. Because of my inexperience, I'm playing a human here. I'm pretty okay at being human. Wink

Anyway, I'm super excited to get to game with you guys! Thanks for having me!
Emily Cooper
Emily Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:41 pm

I realized I have commented but not really introduced myself. Hi! Im CC. My husband likes to call us ‘Statesman Gamers” basically we are the gamers who are old, with jobs and a family. I have been playing in the White Wolf verse since…ooooh…1996 ish? Yeah…it’s like that. I have oodles of experience with forums as they have become my main outlet for gaming, my professional schedule is Mon-Fri 6 am-3pm so staying up till 2 in the morning on a Saturday just isn’t feasible any more.

I might be a wee bit excitable about good writing and you guys are ALL AMAZING.

I have also run a few forums but have sworn that off for a while. I am not staff here at all but if there are any questions you have that I can help with please PM me. I am also ALWAYS open for scenes so don’t hesitate to poke me if you just need a scene under your belt to get an idea out of your head.
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harlan Boyd Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 am

Hey! New player here, was supposed to get involved a week or two back, but an internet outage put a damper on that.

I'm Dan, 21, been playing RPG's for about 5 years now. Love the WoD, but never got the opportunity to play Demon. Most of my experience is either in person or on sites like roll20 (mostly with voice, as well), and I'm completely new to play-by-post games, but I'm eager to give it a try.

As for other hobbies... I'm a pretty big fan of history. Vague, I know, but whether we're talking Mesopotamia or the middle ages, I'm into it. Other than that, I'm not exactly caught up on the latest shows or movies, but Game of Thrones seems good?

Oh, and I live in a fairly small town, basically in the middle of the woods, in Canada. It's about as glamorous as it sounds!
Harlan Boyd
Harlan Boyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Izabel Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:05 am

Harlan Boyd wrote:Hey! New player here, was supposed to get involved a week or two back, but an internet outage put a damper on that.

I'm Dan, 21, been playing RPG's for about 5 years now. Love the WoD, but never got the opportunity to play Demon. Most of my experience is either in person or on sites like roll20 (mostly with voice, as well), and I'm completely new to play-by-post games, but I'm eager to give it a try.

As for other hobbies... I'm a pretty big fan of history. Vague, I know, but whether we're talking Mesopotamia or the middle ages, I'm into it. Other than that, I'm not exactly caught up on the latest shows or movies, but Game of Thrones seems good?

Oh, and I live in a fairly small town, basically in the middle of the woods, in Canada. It's about as glamorous as it sounds!

Welcome!
Izabel
Izabel

Back to top Go down

Post by Susanna Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:15 am

Izabel wrote: we are the gamers who are old, with jobs and a family

<high five>

Yup. Pretty much the same story. Been gaming WW since the mid 90's. I am a middle school teacher so I update during my planning period (assuming I dont have meetings) and during the evenings. I do show up during the day during tests or quizzes etc but 6am-3pm Eastern I am pretty much busy.

Demon is the one game I never played so I am learning as I go but I have gamed in every format, even back when play by post involved yahoo chat rooms...<shudder>
Susanna
Susanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down