Creole Souls
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post Holiday Update:

Go down

Post Holiday Update: Empty Post Holiday Update:

Post by MagicRob Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:16 am

Good morning, loyal players!

So, for those of you seasoned in the ways of Forum games, you'll know that they have a natural wain and ebb to them. They flow as the various actors have to take personal time, or dedicate different times during the day. Through the holidays, boards ALWAYS lag, and in-fact, of the 10 different boards I've been a part of over the years, 7 of them when they finally closed, closed in the December-January window.

Currently we have about 25 characters approved for play. You'll note that nowhere near that many are active. Some of this is because the players have lost interest and not communicated this to us. Some of it is because the holidays are brutal on free time, and they'll be back. Some are unrelated personal reasons and the players may or may not return. What I've found is that there is a fine line between letting this lull last too long, and being an needy ST demanding IRL time from folks when it's rare.

So here's the plan:

Through this weekend, I'm going to be poking the 12 or so inactive characters we have and see if they have any intention of returning. Hopefully they do, and if not, hopefully they're honest with me. We'll do a clean up on the boards and a recap post explaining Fallen being called away that aren't returning and the like so folks aren't waiting on their posts. Then I'll start poking at accounts that have been made with no characters associated with them. Finally, I've seeded 4 plots related to the metaplot out in the world right now. I'm always ready to run those scenes, but Act 1 and Act 2 of the meta aren't on rails and are designed to progress as the players want them to. I want folks to have time to enjoy their private RP and promote their personal stories, that's why I hired two narrators (who are great: I love ya both).

PLEASE use the ST needed thread for scenes you are doing to promote personal story lines to develop your character and make the game more fun and exciting. PLEASE. The STs are pretty chatty behind the scenes, and believe me when I say I have plenty of plot out in the world. I'm just not one to throw it in your face. That said, there are plans for January Very Happy

-Rob.
MagicRob
MagicRob
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum